NUNEATON CLUB CLOSE THE DOOR-Legionella
The nuneaton club had to temporarily close. Indeed two cricket players, contracted legionella disease from showers in the changing rooms.
Due to the facility had to take the decision to close in order to minimise exposure to their members, guests and staff.
Legionnaires’ disease is a rare but potentially life threatening illness. People become infected with inhalation of water droplets contaminated.
Early symptoms include a ‘flu-like’ illness with muscle aches, tiredness, headaches, dry cough and fever which can then lead to pneumonia.